Sunday 18 March 2012

Cooking with Bella...what my Mother called it...

I read that some have Risotto burnt in the Bellini. I am yet to try that. Made some pasta sauce this morning and all sorts of food, love doing the brown rice and steamed vegetables. 25 minutes to cook the brown rice in the basket. I have been making raspberry sorbets, not sure the sugar goes to icing sugar, yet to perfect that. Seem to be using it all the time. This is my Mum's machine, because mine is on layby still. Thinking she is not able to covert recipes in her mind, old style cook. Cooked creamed rice and it came out so creamy. I would use the butterfly for risotto i think. Is slightly annoying that when the cook function is on, top speed is 3. Some Thermomix recipes use a higher speed, but it hasn't been a problem. Reverse would be good, but not a huge deal.
I am absolutely loving that it cleans itself with a bit of water. Blades come out easily, there is a lever that makes it drop,right out...on my foot as a matter fact, the first time.
These date and Nut balls I made with dates, dried figs, prunes, almonds, cashews, walnuts, cardamom, cinnamon, and cocoa with maple syrup to get right consistency. Roll in coconut. Yum and super healthy! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment